Saturday, January 3, 2009

I will hold you always in the palm of my hand. Isaiah 41:13

I've never had a favorite bible verse until I was in my 40's. I found myself in a Christian bookstore looking for something that would help me feel God's presence during a very difficult time in my life. I came away with a silver cross that lies on my end table with the verse written above engraved on it.

Does it bring me comfort? Yes, actually it does when I happen to look at it. I keep meaning to put it in place I will see it more frequently. I've now decided to keep it by my computer as I find myself here every day.

The picture I invision when I read that verse warms me to my soul. I don't see hands, but I feel a sort of invisible blanket around me. I feel protected and loved, and I feel sense of worth that at times is hard for me to come by. I feel connected to the world around me.

When I look at the moon, watch a bird soar, hear water splash on rocks or children's laughter, watch a lightning storm, listen to music, stare in awe at an artist's painting, read a beautiful poem, smell flowers, feel the touch of someone I love I also feel more "a part of". More connected. Less alone. Closer to God. It's wonderful.

I pray I find this feeling more often. I will try to quiet my mind long enough to let it reach me.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you find it..I been looking all over for any kind of jewelry with that verse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! This evening my overall health condition was measured using one of the most modern machines and the results were not good at all. Fear engulfed me and I actually felt afraid of prematurely dying because of my health condition. The machine yielded results by reading my right palm. As I sat afterwards praying it was like the Holy Spirit whispered this verse to my ears. It lifted me up! So the verse took a whole new meaning now! It is His palm not mine that will sustain my life! Thank you Lord! Thank you for your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What bible version? Respond to rbowmanville@aol.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that verse and echo your thoughts about it. I've just passed it to an old friend who is battling cancer. Bless you guys.
    Philip from England

    ReplyDelete