Saturday, January 3, 2009

Is there fall in Texas?




I recently moved from Minnesota to Texas, and having been a Minnesotan all my life I knew one thing that I would miss would be the display of colors nature paints in the fall.

Today I went for a walk with camera in hand. I had seen sporadic color driving around the neigborhood in recent days, and I was determined to record some of the beauty to share it with my family back in the chilly state! I had a wonderfully refreshing walk for body and soul, and came home with some lovely pictures to share.

It will probably be some time before I see a full hillside of fall colors like I did in Minnesota, but I look forward to exploring my new surroundings in Texas and finding beauty close to (new)home.

P.S. I also found a little joy in sharing with my MN family that today, on December 1st, I took this walk in tank top and shorts. I believe the high was right around 60 degrees, which is getting cool by Texas standards. Shoot, in Minnesota it would be beach weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment